Monroe County fire trainee Thomas Shephard carries the family dog to safety after a Hwy. 41 family lost its home to fire on Monday. Forsyth and Monroe County firefighters were dispatched to the blaze at 2612 Old Atlanta Highway, or Hwy. 41 toward Barnesville, around 3 p.m. Members of the Guined family including two small children and the family dog were able to escape. Red Cross has been contacted to help the family. The rental home was owned by Eddie Buice and was a total loss. Monroe County fire chief Matt Jackson said the blaze started in the living room but they're not sure of the cause.
- Who bought what for how much in Monroe County?
- Hill’s Auto gone, but exciting tenant in store
- Playoffs on the line on Friday
- Monroe County’s Winget shoots Axis buck in Texas
- Monroe boys lead FPD to 33-14 win over MDS
- Former Mets’ GM: Eric Snow will be Big Leaguer
- Covid virus antibodies found in white-tailed deer
- Middle School Girls are Cross Country Region Champs
- Report: Byrd arrested after failing to fly out window
- Run for the border?
- After almost closing, Thomas Deer Cooler now ready to go
- Forsyth’s Tra Battle thanks Mark Richt for saving his life
- Let's Go Brandon
- Wanted in Monroe County
- Man reports goat bite infection, Burruss student says someone glued pizza box to car
- Dylan Mason lands trophy buck
- Dead Maize explores Monroe County ‘plane crash’
- Let Red Roo Defense get you ready for Deer Season
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!