fire

An Ensign Road church suffered major damage to a Sunday School supply room after a wooden cabinet caught fire on Friday. City of Forsyth and Monroe County firefighters responded to a blaze at the rear of Forsyth Apostolic Church shortly before 2:30 p.m. on Friday. The fire was confined to a single room, and the main church sanctuary only sustained smoke damage. Forsyth fire chief David Herndon, who termed the cause of the blaze “accidental,” said church members were displaced for Sunday’s service but planned to meet in their neighboring Youth Center building. Alycia Causey, the wife of Forsyth Apostolic Church pastor Jeremy Causey, said in a Facebook post that she appreciates the quick response of local firefighters and the prayers of support from community members. (Photo/Richard Dumas)