mcso final

Woman gives false name of woman with warrants

A Savannah woman was charged with failing to stop at a stop sign at northbound ramp at Hwy. 42 and giving false information to deputy Jacob Davis around 12:45 a.m. on Aug. 1. She told Davis she didn’t have her license and gave him a false name and date of birth which came back with multiple warrants and driving suspensions. 

As she was being arrested, the woman began to tense up and resist and asked why she was under arrest. She then said she had given Davis the wrong name and Cpl. Christian Sawley used a fingerprint scanner to identify her. Her name came back with a suspended license and a warrant. Along with driving without a license and failure to stop, she was also charged with obstruction and giving a false name and date of birth. 


Gun pointed at man delivering newspapers

A newspaper deliveryman told deputy Christopher Hardy while on his route on Hwy. 83 a black car pulled up beside him and a man opened the door and pulled a gun on him around 5 a.m. on Aug. 1. He said he drove to the Exxon gas station on Hwy. 41 because he knew they would be open, and he didn’t have a cell phone. He said the car had a dog toy hanging out the driver’s side passenger door. He was not able to get a tag number.  Hardy tried to locate the subject with no success. 


Man arrested for speeding and DUI

A Riverdale man was arrested for DUI after Sgt. Kevin Williams clocked his 2015 KIA Sorento doing 102 mph on I-75 N near Rumble Road around 8:30 a.m. on Aug. 1. Williams noticed his eyes were very watery and had a glazed appearance. He also could smell alcohol and the man was slurring his speech. Williams asked him if he had been drinking and he said that he had been. After failing a sobriety test, the man was arrested for DUI and cited for speeding. 


Intoxicated man urinates himself

An intoxicated Florida man appeared to have urinated on himself while waiting to use the restroom in the Country Station store in Bolingbroke around 3:15 p.m. on Aug. 1. Cpl. Ortiz asked the masked drunken man if he had been drinking and he replied he had not been. The corporal had the man remove his mask in order to give a breathalyzer test and could smell alcohol on his breath. He asked the man again if had anything to drink and the man replied he had two beers. Six beer cans were found behind the front passenger seat of his vehicle. He was charged with DUI and operating a vehicle with an open container. 


Men point guns at women on Hall Falls Road exit ramp

Two women were frightened by two men in a Monte Carlo on High Falls Road who pointed guns at them around 5 p.m. on Aug. 1. The women told deputy Dalton Mosely they were traveling north on I-75 and  tried to change lanes to exit and got in front of the Monte Carlo which then sped up and stopped on the exit ramp of High Falls Road. Two males exited the vehicle and pointed guns at them, and the women took cover and ducked inside their vehicle expecting to get shot. The suspects then drove off and left the scene. 

The women said the men were both wearing masks. One had a white mask with a dark tank top and green sweatpants, the other man they only remembered having a dark color mask. The women were upset and stated they have a vehicle that stands out and were worried the suspects might come by their house. Mosely told them a deputy on night shift would go by their house.


Forsyth man does a U-turn at license checkpoint and flees

A Rocky Creek Road man was arrested for fleeing and other charges after he tried to avoid a license checkpoint at I-75 and Johnstonville Road around 9 p.m. on Aug. 1. Deputy John Cochran saw a 2018 Ford Fiesta turn around as it approached the stop and speed off down Johnstonville Road. Cochran pursued the vehicle which was failing to maintain its lane at a high rate of speed.  The driver turned right on Mays Road and continued to Rocky Creek Road before stopping,

Asked why he turned around, the man said that he was just trying to go to a different store in High Falls. He then told Cpl. Nicholas Ortiz he had a few drinks and did not want to get into any trouble. He also said he wanted to record the stop on his Go-Pro dash camera and the two cameras mounted inside his vehicle were seized for evidence.  He was cited for fleeing, failure to maintain lane and failure to stop at a stop sign. 


Man discovers pickup license plate stolen

A Forsyth man told deputy Judy Mercer his license plate was stolen from his 1995 Chevrolet Silverado around 2 p.m. on Aug. 3. He said he had left his pickup at an Ensign Road home for repairs three weeks ago, but the mechanic had recently been arrested. He said he went to tow his truck to a different location to get it repaired and realized the tag was missing and must have been stolen. He told Mercer he needed a report to get a new license plate. 


Two men cited after hitting each other with a shovel

Two men on Martin Luther King Drive got into fight around 10:30 p.m. on Aug. 3 and both were arrested. One of the men told deputy Dustin Ramsey that another man had hit him in the head with an object from inside the house. He was extremely agitated while speaking with the deputy who could smell alcohol coming from him. 

The other man told Ramsey they were arguing when he was hit with a fireplace shovel. He said he took the shovel from the other man and hit him in the head with it. The men were checked by EMS and cited for disorderly conduct. The fireplace shovel was placed into evidence. 


Truck driver’s license lost after traffic stop

A semi-truck driver misplaced his driver’s license after a traffic stop on Johnstonville Road at Boxankle Road around 11:30 p.m. on Aug. 3. Deputy Jacob Davis released the Ashburn man after giving him a citation for no thru trucks. After leaving the scene, Davis was contacted by Sgt. Chris Sherrell who told him the man said he did not receive his license back after the stop. Davis searched his patrol car but couldn’t find the license. 


Cranky man calls cops on neighbor for cutting his grass

A Forsyth man told officer David Asbell on Aug. 3 his neighbor was riding over the property line with his mower and damaging his grass. The man said his neighbor regularly cuts the grass over the property line and showed Asbell some photos he’d taken months back to prove his point. The man complained that cutting the grass so low damages it and “could even kill it”. Asbell noted the cut of the grass and saw that it was slightly on the man’s side. Asbell filed a report, which the man said he would give to his attorney. Asbell wasn’t able to speak with the neighbor but said he’ll try again another day. 


Girl blames ‘bad blunt’ for deranged behavior at Forsyth Garden

Forsyth Garden Apartment residents told officer Jeremy Malone on Aug. 3 that a girl was belligerently yelling and beating on a trash can there. When he arrived, the girl was lying face down on the ground unconscious. Malone and two other officers looked for signs of injury but couldn’t find any. When the ambulance arrived, the girl began to come to. She refused to cooperate with EMS and kept pulling away when anyone tried to help her up. Following a few minutes of this, Malone and another officer pulled the girl up and started escorting her to his police car. She dragged her feet in protest and kept trying to sit down. At that point, Malone put her in handcuffs and the two men carried her to the patrol vehicle. 

Once treated at the hospital, the girl began to come to her senses. She explained that she’d hit a blunt at her friend’s apartment that must have been laced with something else. She said she lost consciousness and didn’t remember anything else up to that point of sitting in the hospital. The girl’s parents were contacted, and they came to the hospital to take her home. At this point, it’s unclear what the drug was that made her act that way. 


No charges after man steals girlfriend’s car

A woman told officer Cody Maples that her boyfriend stole her car after she got out to get away from him. The woman had picked up her boyfriend to go get his car which was broken down on I-75 near Bass Road. After he started acting aggressively, she got out and he drove off. The woman told Maples her boyfriend had likely taken the car to either her or his house. 

Shortly later, another officer found the car next to the playground on Hill Circle. Maples saw the boyfriend coming out of the woods and acting very animated and suspicious. At that time, Maples decided to arrest the man. According to his version of events, it was his girlfriend who became irate and decided to leave the car after a heated argument. Due to the couple’s relationship and the conflicting accounts, Maples labeled it a civil matter and no charges were filed. 


Woman gets restraining order after ex-boyfriend spits on her 

A Forsyth woman got a restraining order on her ex boyfriend after he spit on her. The woman said she was visiting a friend at the Forsyth Gardens Apartment on Aug. 3 when she was viciously confronted by her ex-boyfriend. He claimed he “just wanted to talk” but the woman just kept her head down and got into her vehicle. At that point he got aggressive, swung the car door open, spat on her and proceeded to yell and curse in her face. The woman was so traumatized by the experience that she went to magistrate court to file for a restraining order.


Man harasses woman 100s of times per day 

A Forsyth woman told deputy Judy Mercer that a man has been harassing her and her mother day and night. The woman said around 4 p.m. on Aug. 5 the man has been texting, calling, and sending messages on social media for months. She said the man has called her over 300 times in the last two days and called her around 196 times on Aug. 4. She said he even calls her while she is at work and that she had her employer speak with him and tell him to quit calling her during work hours. She said that she has had enough of the harassment and that she can’t take it anymore. 

The woman said she reported his harassment months ago and the man was warned then by deputy John Cochran that if he contacted or harassed her or her mother again, he would be arrested. Mercer tried to call the man and left a voicemail. The next day, the woman told Mercer the man had called her 200 more times since last speaking with her and gave her the man’s mother’s phone number. 

Mercer called the man’s mother who said her son was asleep, but she would wake him. She called out to him and he said, “I don’t want to talk to them.” and hung up the phone. A warrant will be taken for him for for harassing communications. 


Dog-bitten man cited for leash law violation

An Ensign Road man was bitten by a neighbor’s dog but was cited for a leash law violation because his own dog was without a leash around 2 p.m. on Aug. 7. The man told deputy Judy Mercer that he and his Labrador mix walked across the road to the mailbox and the neighbor’s dog ran out and attacked. He said he was bitten last week by the neighbor’s female dog and he helped get her dog back into her yard. He said he didn’t report it then because she told him she was going to put up a fence. He said this time her male dog went for his throat and that he was furious and tired of her dogs attacking him and his dog.

EMS cleaned and bandaged the man’s arm. Animal Control checked the injuries of the man’s dog and told the man he would be contacted by the Health Department. 

Mercer went to the neighbor’s home and spoke with the woman who admitted that her dogs did jump on the man’s dog. She said she was working on getting a fence put up. Animal Control told her that her dog had to be quarantined for 10 days. She was cited for a leash law violation and told if the issue happened again, the dogs would be taken by Animal Control. 

Mercer returned to the home of the man bitten by the dog and also cited him for a leash law violation.