A head-on collision in Bolingbroke injured two people last Friday afternoon. Eric Chaston Hammock of Byron was driving north on Hwy. 41 in a 2002 GMC Sierra when he tried to make a left turn onto Searcy Road in front of the Exxon station and struck a 2013 Chrysler 300 driven by Vernell L. Hansford of Forsyth. A witness, Kenneth Heath, Jr. of Macon said he saw the pickup turn in front of the Chrysler which tried to swerve. Due to the injuries of Hammock and a passenger in the Chrysler, deputies were unable to get a statement about the accident. (Photo/Steve Reece)
- Who bought what for how much in Monroe County?
- Hill’s Auto gone, but exciting tenant in store
- Playoffs on the line on Friday
- Monroe County’s Winget shoots Axis buck in Texas
- Monroe boys lead FPD to 33-14 win over MDS
- Former Mets’ GM: Eric Snow will be Big Leaguer
- Covid virus antibodies found in white-tailed deer
- Middle School Girls are Cross Country Region Champs
- Report: Byrd arrested after failing to fly out window
- Run for the border?
- Let's Go Brandon
- After almost closing, Thomas Deer Cooler now ready to go
- Wanted in Monroe County
- Forsyth’s Tra Battle thanks Mark Richt for saving his life
- Man reports goat bite infection, Burruss student says someone glued pizza box to car
- Dead Maize explores Monroe County ‘plane crash’
- Bilderback: Vote no on road sales tax
- Bibb engineer: Oliver omits the Waller ferry as county line
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!