Last November, I highlighted numerous Democrat election shenanigans to include: Dems refuse to accept election results (especially in Georgia and Florida), Dems try to steal elections, Dems scream “racism” (Stacey Abrams), and Dems shout “count all votes.” In other words, Dems use their standard tactics to invalidate any election they lose. To my article, a woman responded: “When will people stop being Democrats or Republicans and be Americans? Vote for whoever you think will be the better person. Stop fighting with each other.”
AMEN! I AGREE with her. Let’s be Americans. Let’s accept opposing ideas. Let’s vote for the best candidate, regardless of party. It would be wonderful if post-election discourse were similar to 30 years ago when we could disagree without being disagreeable. After elections, it would be great if all voters did “group hugs,” accepted the will of the people, and allowed the system to work. However, Democrats won’t allow that to happen. Prior to every election, the Dems and the media (I repeat myself) shame you, mock you, and call you names if you don’t support their radical candidate. Then, if the election doesn’t go their way, the leftist cabal tries to overturn or invalidate the election. Following are specific examples to prove what I say:
• After Obama was elected president, Jimmy Carter said that racism was the only possible reason people didn’t vote for Obama.
• During a 2016 Hillary campaign rally, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright said, “There’s a special place in HELL reserved for women who don’t vote for Hillary.”
• In 2016, you’re a sexist if you didn’t vote for Hillary (said by the entire liberal media, said by Hollywood elites; and said by Hillary.)
• Georgia 2018, you’re a racist if you didn’t vote for dullard Stacey Abrams (said by Hillary and by Abrams.)
• Georgia 2018, black males who voted Republican were “shamed” for not voting for Stacey Abrams. Read Vanessa Williams’ article in the WashPost, “What’s up with black men who voted Republican in Georgia?” Williams demands that black males stop thinking and vote as directed by their Democrat overlords.
• In Mississippi’s 2018 senate runoff, Michael Eric Dyson, an extreme racist frequently trotted out by the mediacrats said that a vote for Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith was a vote for a racist and white supremacist.
• Boycott Georgia – Hollywood wants to boycott the Georgia film industry because Georgia voted for Brian Kemp over Stacey Abrams, and now because of the “heartbeat” abortion ban. (Disney and Hollywood are promoting the boycott.)
• November 2018, referring to Trump supporters, NY Times columnist Michelle Goldberg wrote an Op-Ed titled, “Maybe They’re Just Bad People.” Goldberg claims that anyone who supports President Trump is simply a bad person.
• America is Racist - “If America weren’t racist, Stacey Abrams would be governor of Georgia.” (said June 2019 by Seth Moulton, (D-MA) Dem 2020 presidential candidate at a CNN Townhall.)
• For the past 2+ years, the mediacrats have been trying to overturn the 2016 presidential election insisting that President Trump stole the election. Even after the Mueller Report vindicated Trump, the Dems are still screaming “Russia,” “collusion”, “obstruction”, and now “impeachment.”
THE ABOVE statements are not “one offs”; they’re not outliers. These quotes, comments and articles are exactly the thoughts of every Dem and every liberal in the country. Proof that these comments represent the thinking of every Dem is that NO DEM ever criticizes or condemns any of these comments. Not one Dem criticized Stacey Abrams for calling Brian Kemp supporters “racist.” Not one Dem pushed back against Hollywood when they promote boycotting Georgia. Not one Dem said that Madeleine Albright was wrong when she said HELL is reserved for women who don’t vote for Hillary. Not one Dem said that Carter was wrong when he said it was “racism” that caused people to disagree with Obama. A Dem can make the most disgusting, vile comment about a conservative, about Trump or about Trump supporters and NO DEM condemns that disgusting comment - ever. Liberals are so “tolerant” that they refuse to accept that opposing ideas exist. This is further proof that Dems and libs do not believe in “Peaceful Co-Existence” even though it’s a bumper sticker displayed on every Subaru and Prius in the country.
THE MEDIA AND Dems (I repeat myself) consider all white males to be racist and sexist. Thus, white males are expected to vote Republican. Anyone else voting Republican (to include women, blacks, gays, Latinos, etc.) does so because they’re also – racist, sexist, bigoted, xenophobes, etc. On a daily basis, on every media platform (which includes broadcast TV, newspapers, liberal websites, etc.) the Democrats and their lemmings openly call conservatives - racist, bad people, evil, stupid, and on and on. If you didn’t vote for Hillary, it’s because you’re sexist. If you didn’t vote for Obama, it’s because you’re a racist. If you didn’t vote for Stacey Abrams, it’s because you’re racist and sexist. And if a state doesn’t vote for the approved Dem candidate, we must boycott that state. These are not false assertions; it’s standard Dem mentality. Go to any liberal website and read the comments following any article and you quickly realize the Dems and libs actually believe you’re a racist or sexist if you didn’t vote for Obama, Hillary, Abrams, or whoever the Dem candidate happens to be. It is very disturbing because most liberals truly believe that if you don’t agree with them it’s because you’re racist, sexist, evil, bigoted, etc. I wish I were exaggerating but I’m not. I’m simply highlighting the thoughts and words of Democrats, of the leftist media, and of their low-information followers. How do we engage and talk with people who consider us evil, vile, racist or bad? You can’t because they won’t allow it. Sad.
WEEKLY THOUGHT: Ever notice that the “Co-Exist” bumper sticker only has male and female gender symbols. It drives the liberals bonkers.
Sloan Oliver is a retired Army officer who writes a weekly column for the Reporter. Email him at sloanoliver@earthlink.